To prevent infection and to slow transmission of COVID-19, do the following:
- Get vaccinated when a vaccine is available to you.
- Stay at least 1 metre apart from others, even if they don’t appear to be sick.
- Wear a properly fitted mask when physical distancing is not possible or when in poorly ventilated settings.
- Choose open, well-ventilated spaces over closed ones. Open a window if indoors.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or clean them with alcohol-based hand rub.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- If you feel unwell, stay home and self-isolate until you recover.